A self-registered patron is a patron that registered for a library card via the online form
on the OPAC. This form will set up an account in Koha that is active for 28 days.
With this self-registered account, patrons can:
- Checkout and place holds on eMaterials via OverDrive
- Place holds in the OPAC on print materials
When a patron comes in with a self-registered account, staff will need to:
- Look to see if the patron has another library account on file. If so, stop there. Merge the self-registered account with their original account, keeping the original account.
- If no other account is on file, verify the patron’s information (address, phone number, etc.) via your usual method
- Give the patron a library card and enter that barcode number into the account
- IMPORTANT: Change the patron category from Self-Registered to the proper patron category. E.g. Adult Patron, Young adult patron, etc.
- IMPORTANT: Renew the patron’s account
PLEASE NOTE: Self-registered patron accounts will automatically delete after 28 days if staff do not follow step 4.