Guidance for Implementing Sexual Harassment Training at Your Library
All employees, volunteers, and trustees must complete interactive sexual harassment training that meets the minimum standards by October 9, 2019. Training may be done as a group or on an individual basis.
Minimum Training Standards Checklist
The sexual harassment training must:
- Include an explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights;
- Include information concerning the federal and state statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to targets of sexual harassment;
- Include information concerning employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints;
- Include information addressing conduct by managers/supervisors and additional responsibilities for managers/supervisors;
- Include examples of unlawful sexual harassment; and
- Be interactive.
Employees, volunteers and trustees must continue to be trained at least once per year. In subsequent years, this may be based on the calendar year, anniversary of each individual’s start date, or any other date the employer chooses. Employers may take appropriate administrative remedies to ensure compliance.