The Myers Memorial Library is seeking a part-time Library Assistant with the emphasis on children and youth services.
- Performs circulation desk duty, shelve library materials, answer phones.
- Assisting patrons in the selection of materials and answers reference questions.
- Provides computer and electronic media support.
- Plans, prepares and performs story times weekly.
- Plans and administers the children summer reading program.
- Promotes children’s and young adult literature and reading through outreach to the community, elementary and secondary schools.
- Perform other related duties of a similar nature as requested by the Library Director.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in computers and electronic media
- This position may require working during any of the hours that the Library is open, including evenings and weekends. Although a weekly schedule is established, the needs of the Library may require schedule changes and flexibility.
- Prior experience working with children is a plus.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
Send a letter of interest and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Youth Library Assistant in the subject field.
Or mail your letter to:
Myers Memorial Library
PO BOX 559
Frewsburg, NY 14738